Monday, October 06, 2008

Its Monday Morning

And I love my job.

Sure, I'm tired. I got roughly 4 hours of sleep last night. My house is in mild disarray from the weekend, to say nothing of the perpetual disarray from moving, etc. I am still sick with the phlegm that clings to my lungs despite my best efforts to hack it out. I have a slight headache from coughing so much. The body needs more care; a fact that I am trying to address in my "spare time".

Yes, I have a lot of work to do. I am slightly behind on grading. There are at least half-a-dozen things I was supposed to do before I got here this morning, and they remain undone. Hopefully this evening.

None of this matters...today I get to try and teach my students to love words. Today I get to talk to them about the magic of sitting under the stars and waiting for God to speak to them. Today I get to guide them as they meet Helen and Paris. Today I get to push them to ask questions about God's dealing with Saul...could Saul have been saved? Why doesn't David kill Saul? Why doesn't the Lord end Saul? What matters most to Saul?

It's a good day...even if it is a Monday.

No comments: