Thursday, March 13, 2008

The High Country

This is a momentous Spring.

This is the Spring my wife graduates from Biola, with her BSN.

This is the Spring our life changes…again.

And I have resolved that this is the Spring we begin to live as people not perpetually striving to gain degrees. Oh, I do still hope to proceed (soon) towards getting the next level of my education…but it is well past time to do something other than exist while we try to survive the trench warfare that is the Undergraduate years, while being married and parents.

This Spring, we will begin hiking to the high places of SoCal. Old Baldy. San Gorgonio. 7 Falls. Half Dome. Eventually, I hope to include Mt Whitney & the Grand Canyon in our list…but we may have missed the window this year, as there are not enough passes for all the people that want to make the trek.

April 5th is the first step. As part of a training course, we’re doing El Moro Canyon; just short of 7 miles, no real altitude, but a good stretch of the legs. We have about 10 people that have decided to take on this endeavor together, and I am putting the calendar together. It’s very exciting!

My first inclination is to go buy new equipment…having no money makes fighting this impulse easier…

2 comments:

lasselanta said...

When you hike San Gorgonio, you are required to come visit us. :-)

Chris said...

I'll post the date!