Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Life After Biola

Start with life as we know it today...

As you probably caught, I graduated this past Saturday. I have a B.A. now...and I am, surprise, unemployed. So, I am looking for a job, while my incredible wife helps us make ends meet by picking up extra hours. The problem in finding a job--I can get a job--but I need a job that pays enough to let Sheri stay home during the week. These are hard to find. SO I continue looking. Meanwhile I am home with Aiden. He's amazing, and developing so fast its frightening. He also requries a lot of time and attention--in fact, this is stolen time...and I have to go help him right now. So, I'll be on here a little less in the foreseeable future--at least till things pick up a little more. Maybe in the evenings.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Try the teacher thing. You can take the CBEST (easy breezy) and work as a sub until you have your credential (depending on the district you'll get between $90 and $110 per day -- Whittier pays the most of any district you're near), and that will help leave Sheri free to stay home during the week. Besides, the life of a teacher is best for raising kids. You'll get to spend so much time with Aidan. You won't be able to buy him a Jag for his sweet sixteen, but a sixteen year old has no business behind the wheel of a Jag anyway. :)

Chris said...

Thanks Linds. I'm planning on taking the CBEST the next time they offer it (June 17th?) and I have some other tutoring options open to me. Its been stressful trying to figure things out though...

On a positive note, I am going to be working for a week in August with a camp for foster kids. It looks like its going to be very rewarding, even though its for free. I'm very excited--went to the info meeting today--it feels very good to finally do something in ministry!

And Roland--I'm still not convinced that there's life after Biola--certainly no life without bubbs...though I've been on there as much as I've been on here recently. People are starting to wonder if everything's ok...heh.