Thursday, March 16, 2006

Argument for Education

I am going to be arguing in a debate this Monday that the Federal Government is responsible for providing basic public education for all of its citizens. This argument joins me with friend Lindsay Marshall, who I have often debated against with regard to other social/political issues--she is, after all, a democrat (or at least a democrat-minded independent). We'll be debating two Libertarians, Andrew Bailey and Tim Heggem. They will be arguing that Federal Tax Money shouldn't be taken from people to fund public schools.

I'm really looking forward to it. Reading up on my Federalist Papers, Tocqueville, etc. I know I'm wierd, but this is my idea of fun.

1 comment:

Linds said...

As I'm always telling my students, "I love this stuff because I'm a nerd." I can't wait! :)