Thursday, March 30, 2006

Half Myself

I want to be about half myself. This is an uphill battle. I like food. I enjoy cooking. But there comes a time where you have to decide whether the little things you indulge in are going to temper the entire future outlook of your life, or whether they will be restraint forevermore to the category of "indulgence" and behave more like the highlight they were originally intended to be than like the common fare they have become.

Such is the task before me. This was never a problem 6 years ago, but in 6 years things have changed and I am deciding that though they have changed they will not define my health and physical abilities for the rest of my life. I'll be half myself.

3 comments:

slowlane said...

If things get tough let me know and I'll write a cheer to help motivate you. =)

Linds said...

*sigh* This is the curse of teaching they don't tell you about. I seriously didn't have a problem with my weight until I started teaching. My first year I put on 10 pounds. Now I'm back to normal, but it's an uphill battle to stay where I am, much less get down to where I want to be. Stupid parents bringing homemade baklava to the teachers' lounge!

Chris said...

Seriously! At Christmas, my kids brought me several combination of Mrs. See's chocolate boxes and Starbucks gift cards (somebody forgot to mention, I WORK there...but whatever--my wife appreciated them).

Speaking of Starbucks, THAT'S the Achilles heel of this all. Not only do I work around extremely sugary beverages all night long, but I am a closer, which means I get home at Midnight and am pretty regularly hungry. I eat and then go to sleep...its almost as bad as being in the dorms again. Gotta fight back!