Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why, why, why?

For the second time in almost as many days, Huckabee launches himself into a mess.

Do you really want to be the Southern, Evangelical Christian Republican candidate who wraps himself in the Confederate flag?

On the heels of saying (and I know this is one specific way of hearing his remarks, but I am tired of having to parse the words of the communicator, so I don't care!) that he wants to see the Constitution support God's laws, the image on every news station is Huckabee and waving CSA flags.

I know its manipulation. I know that Huckabee's position is not as asinine as it appears on the cameras. But come on! Don't feed the beasts. Certain images cannot be embraced by would-be leaders of the free-world--even if you just support the right of people to preserve those images. Its not a fun reality...but its reality. You have to play the game. Huck is not playing a national game, and its yet another reason I don't think he makes the right candidate.

Sigh.

No comments: