Friday, November 14, 2008

These are not...my...pants

It would happen on a Friday.

Out on the dodgeball field, revealing my mad dodgeballing skills...I went to reach for a ball...bent down...and suddenly felt a breath of fresh air...in the seat of my pants.

I split my pants.

I SPLIT MY STUPID, STINKING, *@&&!#@#@ PANTS.

Fortunately, not badly. Right up the seam...and not too noticably. I was due to teach a class in two minutes...so I managed to back off the field without attracting any attention, and call over another teacher to get some help.

The resolution to this problem wasn't all that exciting. What I don't understand, what puzzles me beyond reason, is why this pair of pants has always been so ridiculously tight. Not because I am in denial about a flux in my own weight...I know I have fluxed. No, the problem is that this pair of pants was exactly the same as three other pairs of pants that I own, excepting the color. The same brand, the same cut, the same size...and all a different fit.

Why, oh world of affordable fashion, why are your pants vairable sizes when they claim to be uniform?!?!?!? WHY?!?!?!?

I have resolved to procure some pants of real quality in the near future...I like to set attainable goals. This week...get new pants.

2 comments:

Linds said...

You should ask Nate about splitting his pants at a school event. :)

Becks said...

You should buy pants at J. Crew (or Gap). They last FOREVER and, cost the same as the "cheap" pants if you get them on sale or at the outlet :)

That must have been super embarrassing though :)