Friday, June 02, 2006

You know you're a Dad when...

...Sesame Street invades your dreams.

I dreamed that, among others, Elmo (who I don't even like!) and Big Bird and Ernie were having an adventure. Letters of the Day were involved, as well as a game of "Journey to Ernie"...

The first time in almost...20 years(?) that that has happened to me. A little disturbing.

But it makes me happy that Sesame Street is Aiden's favorite show. He doesn't like cartoons. He doesn't like the hippy-kids show "Its a Big Big World" (on this show, they actually say things like "Well if it feels good, it can't be wrong!" and teach kids evolution...an evil show with puppets). He DOESN'T like Barney (YAY!)!

Just Sesame Street. I need to try and track down the old Sesame Street movies, before the Elmo invasion (I loathe Elmo...he's the closest thing to ruining Sesame Street)...things like "Follow That Bird!" & "Big Bird in China" & "Big Bird in Japan".

Maybe I'm still riding high on rediscovering childhood favorites...but one of my goals for this Summer is to track down these movies and have them ready for Aiden to enjoy. He'll enjoy them, and until he can...I, apparently, am really enjoying Sesame Street's re-entrance into my life.

You know you're a Dad when, right?

No comments: