Thursday, June 01, 2006

Soup, anyone?

We went to the La Mirada City Library yesterday.

Its been years since I had a regular library card, at a normal library complete with children's books, Young Adult, etc. Whenever I have the chance, I like to catch up on old friends. So, yesterday I took a few minutes to walk the aisles of the children's section, looking for the books I used to covet when I was in elementary school.

And then it dawned on me.

They'll have Soup.

Soup was one of my favorites growing up.

Soup on Ice.


Soup in Love.

Soup on Fire.

Soup & Me.


Soup's Uncle

I really enjoyed Robert Newton Peck's writing. Though it wasn't a "Soup" book, A Day No Pigs Would Die was also a book that left a lasting impression on my childhood.

Interestingly, as I looked up links for all of these classics, I found yet another that I may have to revisit now that I have a library card...How to Eat Fried Worms.

Then there's Freckle Juice.

Its amazing what you can find when you start down the path.

No comments: