Tuesday, August 23, 2005

100 Posts

Cool.

To celebrate this minor milestone for this blog, I will tell you about my first day teaching in a formal classroom. I know--hold onto your seats, this may get to exciting for some of you!

I was subbing. Subbing a class called "7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens". Still--my first class, officially. I was late. Traffic was awful, and we hadn't planned on the fact that we both had work this morning. I got to the school 5 minutes late, after spending over an hour driving around. I had no syllabi, no handouts, nothing. And I couldn't leave them in the classroom alone. Somehow it all went fairly well though. I gave them the "7 Habits", talked with them about what they meant, and then gave them a personality test their regular teacher had prepared for them, and them had them write a mission statement for their lives based on some of their top priorities in life. It was really cool. Some of them will have my history classes too. I think I am really going to enjoy teaching!

100 Posts. Yay me.

No comments: