Monday, September 15, 2008

I Miss My Wife, or Why Having Your Wife at Home is Better Than Almost Anything Else

Sheri is taking the Nursing Boards today.

Its been a long, long two weeks of September.

We moved up to Valencia in August. I work up here now. Sheri still works down there (right next to Angel stadium). The gas alone was killing us...and she had to find time to study for the boards...a serious problem.

Then, out of the blue, we had friends that offered to put Sheri up at their house down in Brea during the week, or whenever she had a stretch of days when she needed to be down in that area for work, etc. It was an unlooked for blessing.

It has meant that I am getting a taste of being a sinlge parent. I am alone, in a house that still needs a lot of work to get it "right"...I don't have a car (we are still a one car family). I have been getting into the school year, getting Aiden to school, starting the football season as "headcoach" (ridiculous...but fun)...and I don't sleep well at all when my wife is not at home.

On Friday, I had to go home because I had a such a bad headache...because I am just not getting enough sleep. The boy misses mommy and is sad at night. So many things are not right...and its all because she's not home with us.

Fortunately, this will be done, completely done, by the end of September. Until then...two more long, long, long weeks of September left...

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

We'll be praying for you and your family Mr. Leigh. =]