Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Reading Outside of Class

In an effort to make myself a better source for my students, I have resolved to start reading more. I will be interested to see how much I am actually able to get through during my lunch periods, in off periods, and what not...when I am not supposed to be grading.

Since I anticipated this to be a problem, I chose a book that would, at the very least, further my knowledge of the subjects I am teaching. This was my choice: We will see if I can finish it before the end of the 1st Quarter (the end of October) and what will be even more interesting will be to see if I can post a review. I am excited though...good to emerse myself in the Greek world (I'm already reading Homer, Thucydides, etc) and to engage a modern mind trying to explain them to the modern world. Good times.

No comments: