Thursday, August 24, 2006

Must...Focus...

I have had a long day. Tomorrow will be longer. 17 hours, roughly.

But right now, I am in the library, listening to lectures by the good Doctor, and trying to complete proofreading exercises.

And as much as I want to finish the exercises...I cannot seem to finish a paragraph. I did just finish a shift at Starbucks, so the caffeine might have something to do with it. I don't usually have things with caffeine while working anymore...it kept keeping me up till 1 and 2 in the morning...which is hard when Aiden wakes up by 5:30, 6 in the morning.

Sigh.

On a slightly fun note...though it wasn't the dramatic liberating moment I was anticipating, I have apparently turned in my two week notice at Starbucks. I hadn't realized that I had done so...but thats fine with me. No more coffee for me. I am actually not on the schedule after this week. So its time, finally, to get another extra job. A couple hours of tutoring history or something of that nature. But no more Starbucks!

1 comment:

Linds said...

Isn't it strange how exhausting grading can be? You're going to love not having to work at Starbucks and teach anymore. A doctor who had been a full time teacher told me this year that teaching was harder than residency. Boy do I believe it.