Tuesday, May 24, 2005

...hmmm...well that's not nice.

So, there are nasty people on the internet. Not really news--I'm not one of them if you were curious. If you checked this blog in the last few hours...I would imagine you were less then pleased with what you might have seen. I know I wasn't happy seeing what I saw. Particularly in the Library. Ah well. If you missed it...be glad.

Short story: I went looking on Google for pics of Manila at Sunset. To my understanding, anything to be found on the World Wide Web is fair game--not to claim it as your own work, but you know--pasting a photo you found online has never been off limits when you're just appreciating it. I certainly didn't say "I took this photo"...if I posted a painting of George Washington I would assume I need not clarify that its not my painting.

Well, apparently I was wrong--or at least, I made someone mad and apparently he had the ability to do something about it. I was going to unsend the post and remove the original pic of a sunset--and then blogger started having problems. I figured I would come back in a few hours to take care of it then. Sigh.

I came back and the person had replaced the photo I had posted to a fairly graphic adult photo that is really not in keeping with my blog. I guess I had copied a live link to his picture or something like that. Anyways--I am sorry if you saw it. Unfortunately I am not really computer savy enough to have anticipated that problem--though I will do my best to keep that from happening again.

So now...all I can do is say that I am sorry for the offensive adult nature my blog took on for a couple of hours...fortunately I'm fairly confident that having protected the photos he has made available to the world, the tresspasser will probably leave me alone now. And, we return to our regularly scheduled PG 13 (at the worst) blogging.

Sigh.

6 comments:

Chris said...

heh. Oh well.

Crawdaddy79 said...

Haha.. Get over it. That's sure telling me something there.

It was more for fun than anything else.

Chris said...

am I to assume you're reading my blog with regularity now?

Crawdaddy79 said...

If you want me to, I can add you to my favorites list.

But somehow, I doubt that the case.

You took what I did with a large amount of grace (the same cannot be said about your friend) and I respect that.

I will leave you alone now.

Good day.

Chris said...

I'd be happy if you linked me if you enjoyed reading the blog.

Crawdaddy79 said...

I've already linked you in several places, but the next time I update my site I will be sure to do so there as well.