Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Hope Confirmed!

Everything is going to be just fine.

I'm elated.


Two weeks ago, none of this seemed possible. There was simply too much--a variety of factors (some of them my fault, others not so much) had all come together to give me nearly 100 pages of work to do (my earlier estimate of 70 pgs was a little low it turns out) in order to graduate, and two weeks to do it.

Today, there is about 10 pages between me and walking, and they'll be done before Thursday morning.

Its really frightening how much you can do when you really don't have any other choice. Of course, part of the reality is I'm at the top of my educational game right now. I can read and write better and faster now than I ever have before. That won't last long--I am actually a little worried about what happens after grad with regard to that. I was talking with a man who is getting ready to return to school in the Fall after years of working with his B.A. Looking at M.A. programs, he's really unsure how juggling a family, work, and school will work. Well, I'm doing it now and honestly I don't know how its happening myself sometimes. I have to admit, even though I am only just getting to the first jumping off point, I recognize those concerns--it only gets harder. Sometimes it feels like my brain is swimming--half the time I am looking at the computer screen my eyes are blurring (right now actually). It wasn't this hard when I was a Freshman in College...how hard will it be three years from now when I try to go into studying again full-bore? Sure there are tricks to studying quickly and accomplishing quality work in a short amount of time...but you stop practicing and it gets harder and harder.

However...I said I am elated--and elated I shall be, without spending time to worry about what being out of school may or may not mean. Hurrah! The end is in sight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! 100 pages in two weeks? you´re a machine, Chris.

Congratulations on getting it done.

Chris said...

:) thanks Phil!