Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Shy Blogging

I was a shy blogger. There's something truly intimidating about putting your words into a medium which can be read by the world at large...there's something even more intimidating about letting people you know read those same words. Being embarressed by a crowd of strangers is nothing compared to the embarressment of looking stupid in front of peers, family and friends. Why is that?

Speaking of friends, family, and peers...do you ever just want to start over, some place new? No matter how painful and difficult it would be to make a new start--sometimes it just seems like that would be easier then having to face the old stereo-type of yourself everyday from the same people you know and love. Even the positive ideas can be a strain--but it can be really hard to grow up in the minds of those who know you best.

That's why its so great to be me. I have always been right...so, not having mistakes to correct, I can focus on the problem of living as a genius, albeit, an often misunderstood genius.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean. I did this about every three months after I left High School. I'd probably be doing it still, but it's hard to jump from place to place with a husband in tow.

Chris said...

Yeah...family does make it harder to "get up and get out of Dodge"...but that's a good thing. Honestly, one of the best answers to the desire to run away is my family. Sheri is...a wellspring of encouragement and love. Quite a blessing, I know. She helps me want to stick it out.