Monday, May 09, 2005

Narnia

In a world where we now have Middle Earth, Harry Potter and even Lemmony Snickett's Series of Unfortunate Events on the big screen, I think that Disney and Walden books have really done something very right. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is still being made, the teaser trailer for this upcoming fantasy looks very good. Not quite Lord of the Rings good, but still looks like a quality production--more along the lines of the third Harry Potter, The Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm officially hopeful--it was one of my favorites growing up, and its never been done impressively on screen. It has all of the morals and values of Tolkien, with a mix of the atmosphere of a Series of Unfortunate Events and Harry Potter. I'll be watching for more in the future.

Speaking of Harry Potter...here's the new teaser for the Goblet of Fire, due to be released sometime this year I believe. It looks good--one of my favorite things about the Harry Potter series--J.K. Rowling makes it clear that confrontations between right and wrong DO happen, that there is not only gray areas of morality and no action required. Good Stuff.

No comments: